Friday, October 3, 2008

My husband is a gimp:(

About 10 minutes after I got home from my baby shower Abram hops into the house and says "Ashley I need your help." He never tells me when he hurts himself cause he knows that I will try to fix it or clean it. But this time he really was in pain :( He was playing church basketball and landed on someones foot and rolled his ankle. He said he heard it pop like 3 times. He broke this same ankle in high school so I thought for sure it was broken again.
This morning he tried to walk on it and couldn't so we went to Urgent Care and got x-rays done. He just sprained it really bad. He is on crutches now and has to wear a brace. I'm so glad that he didn't need a cast!
Right when he got home from hurting his ankle.

A couple minutes after he took his shoe and sock off.

After hoping up the stairs to take a shower. He was really sweaty from playing basketball.


I can't believe how swollen it got!

Just a cute story... Amalee asked Abram " Can you get me a snack?" Abram said "No, I can't walk so good right now." Amalee then said "Can you hop to get me a snack?" It made Abram laugh. He thinks he has a very cute little girl. I agree!


8 comments:

Janeen said...

Wow, that looks really painful! Hope he's feeling better soon. Did you have a good shower. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that really looks bad. Let's hope he's not gimping when baby comes. Daddy's are usually more helpful when nothing is wrong with them!

Phipps Family said...

I guess he needed a little attention too:) I hope his foot gets better soon, I don't know about Abram but when Colbey gets hurt or sick he milks it for all he can.

Shannon said...

Hey Ashley! I hope your little gimp gets better. Those ankle sprains can sure hurt!!! I hope your shower went well!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can honestly tell you, i know that hurt. I have sprained both my ankles in my life time, and I hated it. Get well quick, hopping isn't fun, and Amalee needs her snack, hee, hee,!!!

Unknown said...

Wow. That looks like it HURTS!

Anthon Ellsworth said...

Cute story about Amalee:)

Tim and Shay said...

Oh my goodness! WOW! Tim has done that a coupple times at church ball.