Thursday, March 12, 2009

We went to Superstition Farms on a field trip with Amalee's pre-school. My kids love it! I think this is the 3rd year we have gone. And it gets better every time! This year the pre-school the day before the field trip did tie-die shirts to wear to the farm. I think they turned out great and of course the kids had a blast doing it! It was so easy too. All you do is take permant marker and put dots on the shirt in any shape you want then put a cup under the shirt with a rubber band and use an eye dropper and rubbing alcohol to spread the ink!
This is my Mom ( preschool teacher) with my girls on the hay ride. They take us around the farm to see all of the milking cows and teach us how we get milk and how many gallons one cow gives every day. I think they said 8 gallons. A cow is also pregnant 9 months.

The farm has a petting zoo and the kids get to feed goats, a donkey, and a horse! This is Maggie feeding the horse a carrot. I am so surprise that she did this because she usually runs away from any animal that comes close to her.

Doesn't Amalee look like she is having so much fun? I don't think she really liked holding the chicken. But she did like to pet the chicken!
I just love Maggie's smile! And again I'm suprised that she got this close to the chicken. She only held it long enough for us to get the picture!
Dallin even got in on the fun and tried to pet a chick! This is also the chick that Amalee liked and now she wants us to get her a chick. Dallin really liked the chick he was smiling under his hand.
After we went on the hay ride and fed and pet the animals they gave us flavored mild and of couse the girls loved it! Then we went to a class and they taught us more about the cows.
We then had homemade icecream! It was so good!

1 comment:

PetersonFam4 said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the pic! CUTE ;)