Thursday, June 26, 2008

I have a wonderful hubby!

I have the best husband! For the last couple of weeks we have been sanding down and painting Abram's old bunk bed for the girls! I didn't want to buy another toddler bed and mattress. I was looking online for a new bunk bed but Abram likes to make old things new! I thought this bed was ugly but once we painted it white and put it up in the girls room I think it looks really nice! Abram did most of the work because I didn't want to be out in the heat.
I tried to help a little but Abram has more muscle and was able to sand the wood faster.

This is our finished bed with our sweet little Amalee on top! She got to pick out her own sheets! She picked cute ones with hearts!

Amalee is looking down at Maggie! We tried to get Maggie smiling but she just wanted to go up top with her big sissy. We had to keep telling her no. I don't want her falling off.

This is just one more reason I have the best hubby! After dinner tonight I came into the computer room and he cleaned the kitchen and then surprised me with this wonderful ice cream sundae! It was the best one I have ever had! When he walked in with it he set it on the desk then gave me a back rub! I love you Honey!

6 comments:

Phipps Family said...

The bed looks great! Good job.

Tressa said...

I like the bed! And I love it when Jeff surprises me by helping out a little extra!

Bethany M said...

The bed looks much cuter now! Great work!
Good job to Abram for surprising with sweets!

Anonymous said...

Great bunk bed. Think of the dough he saved!!! Great job, and I love ice cream. Yum, Yum, Herman got me a double scoop last night, Hubbys are great aren't they!!!

Tim and Shay said...

Good Job with the bunk bed! I looks awesome!!!

Bree Stevenson S. said...

your husband and my husband would get along famously! Jacob, like abram is such a handy man, he fixes everything around our apartment and builds anything that he can get his hands on!! The beds look cute!